Now that you’re home with your braces… Sore?
There will be some discomfort and everyone has a different pain tolerance. Most patients use Advil or Tylenol at recommended dosages for your age and body weight. Your discomfort will increase for about 3 days and then it should decrease.
- Warm salt water rinse morning and night can toughen skin more quickly
- Use your WAX until your skin toughens in and around your mouth
- Orajel or like products are useful for sores and cuts in your mouth
- Avoid sticky, hard and crunchy foods
- Cut food into small pieces to help with comfort
We’ve also selected these videos to help you better deal with some of the problems that can occur with your braces.
How to fix a broken wire and add wax for comfort:
How to adjust the palatal expander:
How to manage a broken bracket or poking wire:
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are always glad to help!